Wednesday, November 18, 2009

...Howdy Folks... - Windows Live - l to l - Top

В While in London we dropped in on one of my mother's friends from college who she had not seen in 30-some-odd years. We met her husband, daughter, and mother -- all of which were absolutely lovely.

They showed us around the historical sites and parks in the London burbs. There were a number of REALLY beautiful gardens and views out in thoseparts and I have to say that things seemed a little less touristy which was a pleasant breath of fresh air.

Without the language barrier which was present in Italy, I was able to compare and laugh about a number of cultural differences over pints with the whole gang. A 'proper' English pint was also rendered to ensure that experienced all the finer things London had to offer.

Who knewВ F1 racing which is HUGE in England. It's even BIGGER right now because a 22-yr-old Brit is currently doing REALLY well. For some reason, you don't think of Europeans as having an American style interest in automobiles, but the UK really broke with my perception.

Because I'm an egomaniac, I have to mention that I was flattered beyond belief when they told me that I had a GREAT handle on the British sense of humor. Maybe I'm funnier than I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment