Saturday, November 21, 2009

Outdoor-Gear-Online » Latest Outing - home t shirt printing - Cooking


Posted By Joel on November 2, 2008



Just got back from a great weekend with my Boy Scouts. We camped in the Tuskeegee National Forest and hiked the Bartram Trail.


We travelled light. I enjoyed Mountain House freeze dried meals for dinner and lunch, along with some doctored-up oatmeal for breakfast.В  No meal required more thanboiling water which was accomplished with my Esbit stove.


I discovered a new secret on this trip.В  I enjoy instant oatmeal for breakfast but when I make it at home I use milk. If you make it with water, it is too sticky and bland for me. So I normally take a little powdered milk to use in my oatmeal.В  Well, when I got to packing, we were out of powdered milk.В  I took a small packet of coffee creamer (not flavored, just creamer) and that did the trick.В  I think 2 packets would have been even better!


We also used our Spot Messenger http://www.findme-gps.com for the first time.В  Sent several “We are OK” messages to the scout’s parents, which were much appreciated.В  This was the first trip of one of our scouts without his dad coming along and this gave them some peace of mind.


Can’t wait for next mont’s trip to the Cheaha Wilderness!



Categories: Fun


Tags: Satellite Messenger, Spot, Spot Messenger

No comments:

Post a Comment