Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My Google Chrome thoughts - children's designer clothing - Top

First off I’d just like to say sorry that I haven’t posted here for a while as I have been working on my new personal blog site so it’s been hard to find the time to come here and blog.


Anyway I downloaded chrome as soon as I seen it was available and installation went a bit funny on me for some reason but all was fine when Imanaged to get it installed, I’ll be breaking this review down into sections so I’ll explain bit by bit on what I like about the browser.


Interface: I do like the interface of this as its nice and tidy, no menu at the top saying file, edit etc etc however I do miss having a loading bar at the bottom. Tabs are nice and small and don’t take up a lot of room when having something like 11 tabs open so that’s very nice, when I first launched the browser I found that it opened like safari would on a Mac and not full screen and this is the first browser that I have decided to keep like it as others just didn’t look nice when being opened into that size window.


Performance: I like when you go to open a new tab that all the sites you recently went to are displayed so you can save a little time and not have to type the address in the bar at the top which I believe is called the Omni bar in this brwser? Speed is one thing I want to comment on, everybody has been saying it is really fast well I don’t notice anything really fast, to me my Firefox 3 is still the fastest browser I have used but at least chrome is faster than internet explorer which I have now fully left behind and never use anymore. The layout of websites are fine, I only mention layout as in some browsers things didn’t look right and that even happens in Firefox sometimes but Google seems to be doing ok with every site I have been on so far.


For the moment that’s all I can say as I haven’t used this browser a lot yet since I’m looking at everything I can do and testing it to see if it fits my needs which so far it does but like I said it just lacks in speed when compared to Firefox 3. If I find anything else good about this then I will list it but I am sure there are a ton of reviews for this out there already as loads of people seem to be loving it, even me but it just needs the better speed.


E-mail:  

Blog Archive