Wednesday, November 18, 2009

AFTER 2014, WILL THERE BE AN "ENTERPRISE" CARRIER NAMED? in Battle 360 in History Channel - customize new era cap - Top

Technically, Bob, BB59 wasn't the first or only...

I understand the divided opinion. In my eyes, the name Enterprise has such a rich history- I have difficulty envisioning a US navy without a Big E. The name alone can be inspiration and motivation for all the sailors must live up to- the incident aboard the latest USS Samuel B. Roberts is agood case in point.

I really don't like the current carrier naming convention. Politics are divisive. The name of a carrier shouldn't be divisive by any measure, whether it's petty or not.

Regardless, there are many proud names no longer sailing. I believe it was once said the US Navy would never be without a USS England, and we know how that ultimately played out.

No comments:

Post a Comment